Best Way to Use Instagram Business
Instagram has changed. There used to be a time when the image sharing site meant a community of photograph sharing pictures from their daily lives. Now it has become a hub for photographers, fashion icons, celebrities, musicians and brands to thrive. With this level of attention and a sprawling audience of over 800 million people, you know that there is going to be a time when they are going to try to make money out of it. Enter – Instagram Business. But this is not really bad news. Especially if you are a brand leader. Think of it as a really good place to market your brand with visual content.
Let’s have a look at some things that you can use to further your brand.
Instagram Stories have a slideshow format and are only live for 24-hours (though they can be saved to your device to be re-used later). This new feature is a direct competitor to Snapchat’s Stories and is now being heavily developed by Instagram. These are some of the benefits of using Instagram Stories for brands:
- Stories are prominently displayed at the top of follower timelines just under the Instagram logo.
- Can be used to capture behind-the-scenes content that doesn’t have to be as high in quality as regular posts.
- Makes it easy to experiment with different content types: photo, short video, Boomerang (GIF-like image), a video filmed backward (Rewind) and live video.
- Tagging other accounts, e.g. @instagram in Stories is ideal for collaborators and influencer marketing.
- Fun additions like face filters, text and stickers help you edit images on-the-go.
- Story search for hashtags and locations make them more discoverable.
A Worthy Profile
You can run all the ads you want and work with loads of promotions, but there is if there is one way to excel this Instagram game – It is by putting out good content. Content that matters and that inspires your audience is what you should be aiming for. And that too regularly. So take your time and get your cameras out. Spend money on making visually appealing and inspiring content that your audience will enjoy. The kind of pictures and videos you put out there defines your brand image. So choose carefully before you post it.
Since the only clickable link is in your Bio section (right under your name), make a habit of updating it frequently. It’s a shame that most brands use it only to link to their website, but it could do so much more. Think, driving event registrations, app downloads or even purchases.
Collaboration is key. Have touch with your audience and run contents. Announce your winners in your stories and tag them. It will make their day and they are sure to talk about you to their friends. In the same way use, celebrities mention your brand in their stories and posts. This means that you will be driving in a lot of traffic to your IG profile. Make sure that the visit is worthwhile. A good conversion strategy never hurt anyone – so you better start working on that!